26 Apr 2013

Another meme - when will this stop?

Jesus, she is still doing this weekly meme thingy and my hands start shaking when I try to resist to copy/ paste and refill the questionaire! So for heaven`s sake, guys: go ahead and read this meme as well if you must .... ;)




  1. How long have you been blogging? Since march 2011
  2. Why did you start blogging? I have been doing several things in sl. From building houses and furniture to clubbing and managing I turned to photography and developed some skills there. I did build a gallery at some point and had a constant exhibition going on but that didn’t fill my days completely so I decided that since I have always been caught up in the consuming aspects of sl and also needed a new challenge I turned to blogging.
  3. How many times a week do you post an entry? That depends on how many new releases I receive or whatever I discover on flickr or happen to run into in world. At times there are 3-4 posts on high peek but normally its around 1-2 posts a week. I could though do the multiple amount of post if I look at my picture material. haha
  4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Not too many fashion blogs I admit. I am a somewhat critical person (due to my virgo ascendant - lol) and always see the flaw in things so I spare myself that experience haha. The few blogs I do read are  a great inspiration to develop my own style - lol. Ok ok, that was a jooooke!
  5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Sometimes but not regularly.
  6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? I do because I suck the attention - haha. Well I like to keep track of the countries that visit my blog and I am always amazed to see how easy it is to get recognitzed in Russia and the US, Chile and Europe all at the same time. I think its fascinating and exciting and I have always loved this aspect of SL. I have met and talked to ppl via SL who I  never ever would have met otherwise and I am grateful for that. Very.
  7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? Yes one but not really ;) I am quite an emotional person. It happens that I feel like the whole blog is crap and I almost hit the delete button. But of course I won’t! As I do find a lot of inspiration from ppl inworld and the talks I have.there are a lot of memories behind some posts that I treasure and like looking at from time to time. I don’t think there is much I should  regret.
  8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? Maybe. Only when I reread some of my posts I ask myself: “ I wrote that?”
  9. Do you blog under your real name? On Hills n Chills I use my SL name only.
  10. Are there topics that you would never blog about? I only blog about SL related things of course and maybe once or twice I included personal statements  about things that were going on that I needed to get out of my system. So I see this blog as a medium that merges my SL and my personal connection to it only. I once got approached to feature  an article for a fellow blog but  I didn’t feel I had a connection to that so it didn’t feel right to post about it.
  11.  What is the theme/topic of your blog? Mainly fashion and stories that happen to me while inworld. But since I am no roleplayer in SL and am pretty much the same person inword as I am in real life I cannot keep both world separate at all times. But I don’t want to be seen as a fashion blogger only as I see myself as a photographer and  fashiondoll at the same time.I am actually Hillany Scofield who does photography in sl, who wears nice clothes while doing that and who makes it from one day to he next ;)
  12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? I have two  SL blogs (Hills n  Chills and Tune Magazine) but time doesn t allow it to do both equally well. I m always behind with one. I do have one RL blog related to my RL profession and the Journal I work for but sometimes the SL blog is more work!
  13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? It has given me confidence for sure  like all challenges I take up and  manage to go through with. I think that s how life works in general. You re curious about new things, you feel challenged and want to know how far it can take you. It also helped me connect with various people in SL and to work with creators and my friends form Tune Magazine which I find very rewarding in many aspects.
  14. So, why do you continue to blog? The reason is actually in the answer above. I love the experience and feedback I get and I love the freedom to be creative. As I don’t work freelance in RL and have to be creative for others I enjoy playing around here on Hills n Chills.

Happy friday everyone!
Hills :)