Now thats just my luck:
it s been a while now since I last participated in the monday blogger challenges by Strawberry Singh.
And just now when I feel I have some extra time to spend on this week`s meme,
she comes up with the introspective meme.
For me this means some extra thinking here!
Oh my.... someone should tell Strawberry to lower her expectations a little next time
- after all I m not as young as I my avi looks and every extra effort I undertake takes up more energy each time.
Plus: each time I raise a finger to type a word I become more and more aware of my real age.
Please be easy on me, dear Strawberry...
It´s becoming more and more painfull... lack of sleep, blisters on my fingertips and after this meme:
too much introspection. I want to put my feet up instead.
- Regardless of your current number, how old do you actually feel? – hmm actually I m not sure how to put into numbers how I feel. I dont feel like I did 10 years ago, when I thought that everybody around me was acting like grown-up persons while I was still wondering how to get into that state of being grown-up. But on the other hand I am quite at peace with myself at this point, looking back at what I have achieved in life so far and looking at the path I walked down in order to get where I am and become the person that I am today. Still the number itself which is my rl age sounds far too old for my taste. But I wouldn t want to go back to being 18 again tbh.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? – My answer to this kind of question could be: "never trying" ;) But that is not my way of looking at life, really. I think the task of lfe is taking on those challenges that life presents us with and finding a place in life and living life sensibly. I try to find a state of happiness and peace :) I don t have big dreams I feel I need to accomplish. What I think is this: If you want to be a painter, get the easel and start painting - see how far you can go.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? hahaha, well if I had known this advance I wouldnt be a mum today! I m glad I will live to be a hundred :))
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? – Hm... I am a person who wants to do the right thing, but not preferably those things that are being expected.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? – well can t say a joyful simpleton because a joyful simpleton wouldn t bother answering this question, would they. They would probably just smile and be happy and wonder why anyone would be as crazy as to worry about things.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? – wow... would I recomment myself as a friend to others? toughy! I have a few good friends from my schooldays, I have a good friend I found in Sl who is a RL friend now. So I guess to those people I am a friend worth having and thats reference enough in my view. I am grateful for these friends and I tell them.Also to make sure they are grateful to have me as well. haha ;)
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? – Well I remember a time 4 years ago when I had to face something extremely sad and when I felt very helpless and wished I had done more to help someone who wasnt able to deal with the backdrafts of life. But at that time I didn t know how to help tbh. Today I know what would have been required and I am more sensitive today when it comes to giving support and comfort to others even when they dont ask for it directly. I guess I learned to read the signs better.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? – I d say: this summer when I realized I can run a distance of 5 km in one take (yeah!) without slowing down or having to take a break! hahaha. Silly, ey? But you see: I always hated running and exercises but when I realized I can kick my own ass accordingly and actually see progress it made me pretty proud of myself. I didn t get too passionate about running itself anyway but hey - I got close! ;)
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? – no. I would use the money to let my two RL collegues at work keep their jobs since they re going to be out of their jobs in january.( yea - I know... "awwww" ;)
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? – There wouldn t be enough time to fly to australia and italy and all the other places in one day so I wouldn t try. But I would call everyone who is important to me and gather my family around me.
- What do you feel is the difference between being alive and truly living? – A life without being able to express myself and develop my personality or share meaningful moments with someone else wouldn t be a happy life for me.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? - Because sometimes our mistakes effect other peoples` lives in a negative way.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? –Just about everything - lol
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? – "Don t look at me that way!.. It s not gonna make me pick you up and take you hoooome!!"
Ok, this wasn t too difficult to do after all. I admit. I ll just take pill against the headache now...
oh wait... can t walk - my legs disappeared...damn those alpha layers.
But please: no pitty. I can still fly :)
Have a wonderful week, everyone,